Sunday 4 January 2009

Searching for sea shells...

As you can see, I've been tinkering with the blog layout and colours. What do you think?

Not having the time or inclination to learn html, I'm a bit limited by the templates that blogspot offers, but I quite like this layout. I was worried that it might look a little too sophisticated,but I figure the content will compensate and bring it right back down to common {g}.

Anyway, a new format for a new year.

The main photo is of ds1, head down, searching for sea shells on a beach in Cornwall. I like it. Not sure why, but to me it symbolises what childhood is all about. It's also a bit symbolic of my aspirations towards autonomous home education. You can give a child a handful of nice washed shells that you've found, or you can let them go spend the day on a beach, sandy and barefoot, searching for their own shells. Which would you prefer if you were a child?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture too, he looks so absorbed in what he's doing - lovely new layout too. :) xx

Sam said...

Hello. Only recently come across your blog, and I have been enjoying reading your last few posts :-) In fact, my family keep wondering why I'm snorting with laughter!
The photo at the top is lovely :-)

Big mamma frog said...

Hi, nice to meet you! Yes, when dd1's head is down it's difficult to tell which way he is facing (execially as he has an annoying habit of putting his jumpers on back-to-front). I'm easily confused!