Wednesday 23 April 2014

Ellen McHenry Brain hats and St George's Day dragon puppets

Tomorrow I'll be running a session at our local home ed group on The Brain, so today we ran through a prototype 'brain hat', just to make sure everything will go as planned.









You can print the free brain hat templates here at Ellen McHenry's Basement website 

Meanwhile, I was trying to get around to doing something - *anything* -  for St George's Day. 

We're not great at doing anything for special days or festivals. I always have good intentions, but the date comes and goes and even though I know lots of great resources for all these excuses to do a themed something, somehow we never get around to it. 

Finally, today we had a brief stint on St George. Of course, being an independent-minded child, dd did it *her* way. She flatly refused to colour in the wonderful picture from Activity Village here and barely skimmed a read through the Scholastic St George's Day resources here . But she did get excited about making a dragon sock puppet here 








These were once my favourite pair of stripey socks, many years ago, and I can't think of a better way to reuse them :)

2 comments:

Leslie Astor said...

I love those brain templates! I'm downloading some right now. Thanks for sharing the link.

Unknown said...

Thank you Ellen for sharing these incredible resources for science. The students loved the brain hat and learned the different parts with much enthusiasm. Shamim Murji, Grade 5 teacher at Great Lakes Public School in Ontario, Canada